With Jesse McCartney’s new album getting pushed back to January at the last minute, there is very little of note happening on the new release wall at your local record store in the closing weeks of 2010. To wit:
- Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx dives back into the hip-hop world
with his latest album, Best Night of My Life.
- If I told you I’m crazy about “Pretty Girl Rock” — the lead single
from Keri Hilson‘s brand new sophomore effort No Boys Allowed —
would you think me crazy?
- Heads up, A: This week, Target premieres an exclusive EP from the Glee cast entitled Love Songs, a collection of six tracks from the series, including “The Boy is Mine” and “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.”
- A physical CD is due in stores in mid-February, so until then, iTunes
has an exclusive release window on All You Need is Now, the thirteenth studio album from Duran Duran. Billed as the sequel that their 1982 global breakthrough smash Rio never managed to get, Now is produced by red-hot Mark Ronson.
- Speaking of iTunes exclusives: don’t miss “It Happened Today,” the tantalizing first taste of R.E.M.‘s upcoming album Collapse Into Now (due in March); and also check out Live – Fall 2010, a five-track EP of concert performances from Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs.